Three days ago we have ended the Tackle That TBR Read-A-Thon. Participating was an amazing experience. Knowing that you and a bunch of other book lovers are reading and hoping to accomplish the same goals is very exciting and gave me a feeling of belonging to this amazing community of readers.
But being involved in organizing and promoting it was even better, especially because the event was not initiated by me. Lauren from The Bookish Fairy took a chance and allowed me to help out. So I’d like to thank her (again) for this opportunity. Between us, I hope we will do it again together for the end of this year as well, and even better!
Starting the year with a read-a-thon was a terrific idea, since it gave me that impulse to read a lot. Having good books was a major help too. I pushed myself to complete all the challenges and from my TBR of 7 books , I managed to complete 5. See below the titles with links to my reviews where available, remaining ones will be posted in the following week for sure:
- Indiscretion (Andalucían Nights #1) by Hannah Fielding
- Travel as Transformation: Conquer the Limits of Culture to Discover Your Own Identity by Gregory V. Diehl
- Marking Madden (Hearts of Hollis: Book One) by L. Leslie & Nicole Dykes
- Silver Blood (Series of Blood #1) by Emma Hamm – review is in progress. I liked it also, but I didn’t understand some of the elements. So I am checking it out a little more.
- A Bargain in Silver (Solis Invicti #1) by Josie Jaffrey – review is in progress. I liked the book quite a lot, but it has some issues especially in regards to the main character and the plot development. I’m still deciding on a rating.
As for the challenges, I managed to complete them all:
- A book I really needed to read: A Bargain in Silver (Solis Invicti #1)
- A book in a series: Silver Blood (Series of Blood #1)
- A standalone: Travel as Transformation: Conquer the Limits of Culture to Discover Your Own Identity
- A book that has been on my TBR for over a year: Marking Madden (Hearts of Hollis: Book One)
- 5 books read: see the list above
Except the reading, this read-a-thon was the perfect opportunity to organize all my books and the ARCs I have received since starting my blog. So this is another accomplishment.
That’s all guys, thank you again to all those who have participated and congratulations to all the books you’ve finished.