Because this year I did such a great job NOT following the resolutions, why not try again for 2019?
Next year will be marked by changes, both personally and professionally. My blogging activity will also change. I have read and reviewed so many books and I forgot to enjoy the whole act of reading and reviewing. There are so many articles I want to write, so many books I have to speak about and characters I want to analyze. But I`ve focused so much on quantity and forgot the quality and passion. My bookish resolutions for next year will focus on that.
Sign up to less book blog tours: I’ve signed up to so many this year and I was always under pressure, not to miss deadlines, have good ratings and in the end, I did miss many of them. I am overwhelmed and tired and it feels like a job. I need to get back on track.
- Speak more about the books I’ve read: I have discovered so many amazing authors and I am doing so little for them. For 2018 I wanted to develop a promotion activity, which didn’t happen, but 2019 will bring it for sure.
- Follow a plan: Spend a day in the week planning my bookish articles for the next week, preparing pictures and scheduling.
- Definitely I have so many books on my TBR that must be read: all these e-copies have been received from authors, publishers or assistants and I haven’t been able to find the time to read them all. This has to change.
- Improve my profile on various bookish sites: for example I have various books from NetGalley for which I still need to post my review. I’ve had a NetGalley profile since I started this blog and I was not able until now to increase that review rating. I’m giving myself 2 month to change that.
Invest more time in the graphics for my articles and blog in general: I finally have a domain and I am so happy for that! Now I need to keep it nice and appealing, so that you guys can enjoy your visit.
- Continue the series I’ve started in 2018: Time for Pixels is one of them. I have started it together with my special someone, from the need to share with you all these beautiful pictures we take and all the emotions we feel. Because nature is beautiful, emotions are powerful and we need to enjoy life more.
- Participate in readathons: I had many fun experiences this year with readathons and buddy reading and I would love to do that again. There are so many amazing people out there and it’s fun to interact.
- Quotes: I have been enjoying selecting quotes from books and doing simple images. I want to create a collection somehow. I still need to think about that.
Read the books on my shelves and read more books from my local library: because nothing can replace the joy of a physical book.
So my bookish resolutions for 2019 are meant to show you all the beautiful books I read and expressing my devotion to my favorite authors. This time I feel more confident I can achieve this and I am so happy already!
Thank you so much for being here with me another year and I am so proud and honored to be part of the online bookish community.
Let me know in the comments below what your bookish resolutions are and if you have a plan on how to stick with them 🙂 Until next time, Happy Reading and Happy New Year!