Another round of the Fairytaleathon has gone by. Again, I had a lot of fun, even if my participation was not to the level I would have wanted. Things at the office kept me (far) away from achieving my reading target of 7 books. In my defense, I started 4, out of which I managed to finish during the readathon, one (as in 1, a single book, not more, just one… yup…).
From all the books listed on my initial TBR (find out more about it here), I finished only “Gathering Frost” by Kaitlyn Davis, but I also started:
- Withering Rose by Kaitlyn Davis – finished it this weekend
- The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston – 48 pages in, according to my reading app
- The Rose & The Dagger by Renée Ahdieh – 84 pages in, according my physical copy
I have managed to complete two challenges:
- If the shoe fits: read a fairytale retelling from your TBR
- Try the grey stuff (it’s delicious): read with a yummy treat (in my case, a big bowl of watermelon)
As it happened last time, I don’t know what it is about this readathon that gives me this enthusiasm to remember the things I enjoy. I assume it’s because of the magic in the books J Even if my reading was less than expected, I still feel good. I discovered great stories that I plan to save for the next round. If you guys want to participate, follow @aFairytaleathon on Twitter. All the fun happen over there. Round 4 is scheduled for 2020 and I cannot wait!
Until then I’m looking to join a new readathon in September. If you happen to know any – Romance or YA related – shoot me a comment. Happy Reading!