Here I am, 2 days after Valentine’s has passed and I thought about confessing why I am not into this celebration. While I do appreciate seeing couples show their love on this special day, or during this special month, I can’t shake the guilty feeling of not enjoying this period as much as it’s due. Keep in mind that my reasons are my own and I hope I won’t get too judged about them:
1. I am a Romance reader. Love is what I read about and with every book I read, with every couple I discover, I feel the passion 10 times intensified. Evey book is a love letter that an author has written for me, the reader. So I feel loved with every chapter, every day I read.
2. Too many cheesy gifts out there. Yes, I do own a heart shaped pillow (a gift from mom) and I may buy another one at some point, but all the glowy stuff, all the plush teddy bears holding hearts or Mikey and Minnie kissing or I don’t know what else are making my eyes feel tired.
3. I am overwhelmed by the amount of flower shops that pop out in this period. Guys, if you want to buy flowers to impress, do it many more times throughout the year, not on special occasions.
4. I want to feel loved every day, I want to show my love every single day, every hour or tinny moment. Life is short and we better fill it with beautiful fillings. The entire life, not one day per year.
5. I have so many book boyfriends, I wouldn’t know which one to pick for such a day. Yes, this statement may put me in a bad position, but I have a big heart and I am willing to share it with many book boyfriends (and it’s not my fault authors create these very lovable men!)
But the main reason is that I am always happy. Regardless if I cry sometimes, if I feel angry or exhausted, I am lucky I have my other half there by my side. I thank him and the Powers Above for this amazing gift of love and I cherish it with every breath.
So love until the end of your days. Give love unconditional, because love returns to the giver ten folds. Be happy you have been blessed with the ability to love, regardless if you have a lover or not. Love is everywhere and in everything. Enjoy it!