Guess what started today!!!
The Fairytaleathon has started!
And guess who has not posted her TBR yet?
That’s right, ME! How did you guess?!
Ok, so I am overdue for my TBR for this readathon, but I do have two excuses. First one is that it took me quite a while to define my list of books and Thank You God for the nice hosts of this event for posting their TBRs and I could “steal” some titles from them. Second excuse is that I have a big TBR pile and I am struggling to get to all the books on my list for August and I’ve been doing a lot of reading! Anyway, a little bit of info about The Fairytaleathon.
This readathon is hosted by a group of wonderful, friendly and helpful people (I will link their channels below) and it is happening during all week (August 13th to August 20th). The purpose is to read as many retellings as possible and there are some fun challenges, as well as prizes:
I do advise to follow up on the fun on Twitter @aFairytaleathon where all the fun happens and if you want to know more about the lovely hosts, check out their BookTube channels:
Now, since I have some retellings on my shelves, this is the perfect opportunity for me to read them. I’ve purchased a couple also because they sounded so good when I listened to our hosts talking about them and … why not try and fulfill the challenges? My TBR looks like this:
- Par for Cinderella (Cinderella Romances #3) by Petie McCarty: This book was published just last month and it will help me fulfill the first challenge. Check it on Goodreads
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston: just in case I do not manage to get to book 3 in the Cinderella Romances series, I’m using my hard copy for Geekerella, also for challenge #1. Check it on Goodreads
- Cinderella Busted (Cinderella Romances #1) by Petie McCarty: Because I want to read the previous books in the series before moving to book 3. Check it on Goodreads
- Betting on Cinderella (Cinderella Romances #2) by Petie McCarty: reason stated at point 2.l Check it on Goodreads
Note: These 3 books from “Cinderella Romances” are a Cinderella retelling, just in case you’ve not figured it out from the title. All are e-books and copies were kindly provided by the author (perfect timing: a readathon AND summer romance!)
- Hunted by by Meagan Spooner: for the second challenge, I have chosen this book with its awesome cover! I love Beauty and the Beast and I am so thrilled to read this retelling! Check it on Goodreads
- An Enchantment of Ravens by by Margaret Rogerson: for challenge #3, I needed a book with faeries, so I was inspired by our hosts. Check it on Goodreads
- The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn #1) by Renee Ahdieh: for challenge #4, this a retelling of Arabian Nights (which I’ve never managed to finish) and it should be fun! Check it on Goodreads
- Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer: for challenge #5. Check it on Goodreads. And since we speak about Marissa Meyer, why not include:
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer: for my personal challenge and challenge #6. Check it on Goodreads
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning: This is completing all my challenges and it is the group book. Check it on Goodreads
Note: Picture below includes my tablet, which has the e-books and audiobooks 🙂
Ok, difficult question: With which of these books should I start?
(Half an hour later, after skimming the books….) I’ve decided on starting with “Geekerella”, mostly because it’s the shortest and has the funniest cover. Looks like a quick and fun read. Let’s see how it goes!
Ok guys, it is already very late where I’m from and the Fairytaleathon has started for 21 hours already. I need to start reading and pronto! I have 9 books on my TBR, one is an audio and I am hoping to cover as much as possible during the week(end, especially), taking into account that I am back in the office this week. Let me know if you are planning to attend or if you have read any of these books, or if any of them sounds interesting to you. Until next time, have fun and read a lot!