New beginnings – that is what we all say when a new year knocks on the door. Since I have recently posted my bookish resolutions, I want to tell you a bit about my plans outside of reading.
- Finish the sewing course (and all projects from the sewing course): I’ve started taking sewing classes since October and it has been a real challenge. I’ve learned that I am afraid to make mistakes and that I want to have each cut perfectly executed. I am a beginner, so this definitely doesn’t happen. Frustration sets in and emotional turmoil. But it is part of my development as a person and as a future seamstress.
- Dare to sew from Burda: I love the designs in this magazine and there are some that are easy to perform, with my current knowledge. I just need to have the guts to do it!
- Start promoting my sewing business: I’ve been spending a lot of time planning than doing the actual job. It is high time I started putting my ideas on paper. Now!
- Start a planner for my sewing activities: again, OneNote is a savior here. I was mentioning in my Bookish Resolutions for 2021 that I am using OneNote for my blog as well and it will be my choice for sewing as well.
- Knit more: I’ve been crocheting for a while now. I am not an expert, far from it. But I want to try knitting as well. My mom knits and she makes some beautiful sweaters. I want to learn as well:)
- Charity donations: I want to give more. There are people out there who need our help, as little as it may be, it still is something. Sewing, knitting or crocheting for charity are also an idea.
- Be more organized at home and at work: this applies not only to closets and drawers, but also to my time dedicated to other activities. I need to put my sh..adows together
- Be more relaxed at the office (or quit): this is probably the most difficult thing to achieve.
- Complete the tasks on time: uh, this one is also though to accomplish. This applies both to my sewing activities and my job.
- Stick to the plan!
As usual, I am trying to push myself over the limits. But this is because mine are pretty low at the moment and I know I can do better. 2021 will be full of challenges and new projects. Hopefully I will be able to stick to my ideas and put them to practice.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any personal goals (the ones that can be shared, obviously). Until tomorrow, happy reading !